Saturday Islamic School
Line Manager: Branch In-Charge/Headteacher
Contract: 1 year (self-employed), from April/September 2018
Salary: £8 per hour
- To teach children to learn about Islam and provide them with enthusiasm and inspiration to be a better Muslim.
- To help children with the development of positive behaviour and attitude by being a good role model and a source of support. Also to allow children to learn from their mistakes with care and kindness.
- To teach Qur’an to children aged 61⁄2 to 16 years.
- To plan lessons and assess learning to ensure that the quality of teaching and learning is consistently good or better.
- Work with parents as active partners, and provide parents with verbal and written reports of their children’s achievement and progress.
- Manage children’s learning and behaviour following the school’s policy and procedures.
- Participate in regular in-service training and work as a part of a team.
- Completed formal studies in Qur’an recitation and memorisation.
- GCSE and A Level, and good further/higher education, preferably in the UK.
- A commitment to contribute in developing the next generation of Muslims in the UK.
- QTS or relevant qualification to teach the stated age group.
- Ability to communicate and interact with children using the English language.
- Experience of working with children in similar environment, particularly experience of teaching children in the UK.
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn, and how to support children’s learning.
- Good knowledge of teaching Qur’an and Primary Arabic.
- Able to work on Saturdays between the hours of 09:30 – 15:00 (term time only).
To apply for this job please visit saturdayislamicschool.co.uk.