For your child to start SIS from September 2018, please apply between 16 May and 9 June 2018.
Click on this link to download an application form and information about Saturday Islamic School. Alternatively, you can complete the web-form from the admissions link. Hard copies of the application form is available from the main reception of the East London Mosque or any of the SIS branches (on Saturdays 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM).
Children are admitted by selection and organised both in terms of age and ability. Applications for September intake are invited during May every year with Saturday 9 June being the deadline for 2018.
Minimum age for admission is 6½ years. Children aged over 7½ years have very little chance of obtaining a place as the classes are often full.
Applicants are invited to a short interview which decides the outcome of the application. SIS applies the following admission criteria when selecting pupils:
1. children of the right age group for which places are available
2. children whose needs can be met by the school
3. children who live close to the school
4. children who have siblings (brothers and sisters) in the school
Unsuccessful applicants need to re-apply as the school does not operate a waiting list.
Parental Contribution – Fees
SIS is a non-profit making organisation which is heavily subsidised. Parents make a financial contribution but do not pay the full cost of educating their children. Partner schools who support the school by making their premises available subsidise much of the cost. Without their support it would be difficult for the school to function without raising the current contribution (fee) from parents which is:
- A starter kit – £25 (only payable in the first year of admission – includes a school bag with goodies)
- Annual contribution – £150 (for each child attending the school – include books and all materials)
Parents are requested to pay their contribution as one payment. However, requests for payment by instalments are considered on their individual merits which will include admin costs. Contributions made are non-refundable.